Keeping its philosophy to reunite families. Canada welcomes over 100,000 new immigrants under the Family Class who are
• spouses or common law partners,
• parents and grandparents and
• dependent children (adopted or biological) of Canadian citizens or permanent residents who sponsor them.

Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. Sponsors need to be at least 18 years of age.

Sponsors are required to sign an ‘undertaking’ in order to sponsor their family members. The undertaking confirms that the sponsors will support family members financially, be able to meet basic needs for yourself and your relative, such as food, shelter and clothing, make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government and pay it back if applicable.
Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents also have the option of supporting parents and grandparents Super Visa Application. A super visa lets parents and grandparents of Canadians to visit their children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time. It’s a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years.

In some circumstances, you may be eligible to sponsor other family members outside the above-mentioned categories. If you have no other eligible relatives to sponsor you may sponsor the following family members:

Add Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *